Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Benefits of Coffee

I am not really a coffee drinker- but I love learning about the benefits of different natural products. I have done a lot of reading about the different uses for products. I stumbled upon this article that talks about some great facts and common misconceptions about coffee.

Some great benefits include:
Lower Risk for Alzheimer's- many studies have shown that the consumption of caffeine boosts the level of a growth hormone that has been known to fight off Alzheimer's.
Coffee Contains Antioxidants Coffee is the number one source of antioxidants for people in the United States. Interesting.
Low in Calories Coffee is a great substitute for dessert. Some studies have shown that coffee can even make a person feel more full and help food to digest slower.

I have always been a tea person so I read about coffee versus tea. Tea seems like a winner to me, but I am more open to coffee, especially as an alternative to chocolate cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment